Create your own flashcards easily on your Mac or PC and transfer them
to your iPhone/iPod Touch for further studying.
iMemento lets you take your flashcards with you where ever you go.
Please look here for reviews of iMemento
- transfer flashcards from your Mac or PC to your iPhone/iPod Touch
- easy creation of new flashcards on your Mac or PC
- no need to create or upload flashcards to the internet
- no special SW required to run on your Mac or PC
- fast loading
- support of different character encodings (UTF8, Mac OS Roman, Windows CP1252, ...)
- choose from a variety of backgrounds for the flashcard sets
- configurable presentation of the flashcards:
- size for questions and answers is adjustable
- flashcard text is scrollable
- font size is adjustable
- animation of flashcards can be disabled
- configurable studying algorithm:
- how often a card has to be correctly answered
- shuffling of cards
- when a card is presented again
- iMemento is localized into English and German
- importing from many other flashcard programs and sites possible through the csv file format, e.g.
iFlipr, iFlash, Mental Case, Studycard Studio, Pauker, phase-6 (v2.1),
ProVoc, Questioner, SuperMemo, StudyStack, Quizlet, ProProfs, ProVoc
iMemento comes with some pre-installed flashcard sets that are meant to
demonstrate the use of the program.
But the main intention of iMemento is to use it with your own flashcards.
While creating new cards you already start to learn.
iMemento is also especially suited to study vocabularies for school. A
lesson can be individually created on the Mac or PC. Once transferred to the iPhone/iPod Touch
it can be studied very comfortable whenever you have some
spare time (e.g. waiting for the bus).
The pictures below show how easy it is to transfer your own flashcards to iMemento and begin with studying:
HOW TO CREATE OWN FLASHCARDS:
Use a simple text editor that comes with your operating system to
create own sets of flashcards.
HOW TO TRANSFER FILES:
To transfer files to your iPhone/iPod Touch it needs to be connected to
your local network via WLAN. Your Mac or PC has to be connected to the
same local network.
Now you can use the standard web browser that comes with your Mac or PC.
With the browser you can access the flashcard files on your iPhone/iPod
Touch or upload flashcard files to your iPhone/iPod Touch.
iMemento is able to read simple text files in which the question and
answer is on its own line and flashcards are separated by an empty line.
Furthermore iMemento can read csv- and tsv-files which can be exported
from many other programs (e.g. Excel), so that you can migrate easily
if you already use flashcards in another (desktop) flashcard program.
Please also have a look here
for some links to sites containing flashcards.
explain how to import these files into iMemento.
NETWORK: Both, your Mac or PC, and your iPhone/iPod Touch need to be
connected to the same local network. For the iPhone/iPod Touch this
means that it has to be connected to your local network via WLAN. With
a GSM connection alone it will not be possible to transfer files.
In a normal setup the Mac (or PC) and the iPhone/iPod Touch are both
connected to the same network router. The iPhone/iPod Touch is
connected via WLAN and the Mac (or PC) is connected via WLAN as well or
DESKTOP APPLICATIONS: To setup the connection between the iPhone/iPod
Touch and your Mac (or PC) you need a web browser. To create flashcards
a simple text editor is required.
Both applications are typically already installed with your operating
system. On Mac you can use the standard browser 'Safari' and the text
editor 'Textedit'. On Windows (XP) use the 'Internet Explorer' as
browser and 'Notepad' as text editor.
There is normally no need to install extra applications.
There exists also a Lite version (iMemento Flashcards Lite) if you would like to "try before buy".
Math Tour: a math game